My Galaxies Ablaze Experience

This is my online diary about my story and experience while playing that truly entertaining online game Galaxies Ablaze.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Some time ago I received this message:

Received from
The Gamemaster (29:11)
Mar 28, 11:00 pm As the SL, you are responsible for your System Logo. I've removed one that was unacceptable in a family game. Please do not use any logo that you wouldn't want your 12 year old daughter to see.

The Gamemaster

I immediately replied back that I was not responsible for the bad image in our system’s avatar. I sent another one later to make sure I explained myself clearly.

Worried that other people will think ill of me, I also posted a post in the public forum, announcing my innocence about the avatar.

Mr. Uluru soon after messages me and replied on the public forum that he was responsible about the system’s avatar. He also apologizes for the confusion and has not meant for me to get involve. In fact, he was confused as me as to why I received that warning. Strange.

It seems Mr. Uluru was trying to make a statement. About the not for general-patronage that has been happening in both the Galaxies Ablaze Forum and Game.

I don’t know if it was the right way to protest or not. But those system avatar pictures really shock me. I have learned to ignore those dirty messages on the public forum (I don’t mind those insurance or buy and sell adds. But some of the other advertisements are disgusting). But those system logos caught me by surprise.

I also, always, deactivate the view system logo every time I login for the first time, while still in Newbie Mode. But I turned it on when I learned that Trinity has made a new system logo for us, to view it. It was a nice logo. Trinity wrote our system’s logo on top of a James Bond picture. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it off again after viewing Trinity’s work.

The next time I login I saw a picture of two gay men hugging/caressing each other. I immediately ask my system planets to change it. Indeed it was change and replace by two haft naked lesbian hugging/caressing each other. This one was remove by the gamemaster and this was when I received the warning message. Tsk. Mr. Uluru wasn’t finish of course and put another picture of a woman’s seat wearing a very skimpy swimsuit. I frantically turned off the view system’s logo option before somebody in our house sees me with it. I should have turned off the view system’s logo the moment I saw those two men. :(

Later, in response to Mr. Ulurus apology, I message him it was alright now and that I have clamed down and I have no animosity against him. It was admirable of him to accept responsibility and apologize for it.

Even thought I have not receive a message from the gamemaster clearing me from the incident, I feel fine and alright because Mr. Uluru cleared me up in the public forum and everyone knows I was not responsible for it. And that’s what matter most of all to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home