My Galaxies Ablaze Experience

This is my online diary about my story and experience while playing that truly entertaining online game Galaxies Ablaze.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

UP or DOWN.

Earlier, there was a heated discussion about who declared war on Diamond first. Somebody posted that it was the Fubar alliance who declared war first. But Mr. Evilkillerwhale disagreed and claimed that it was TehWhalez first then NoFear, Epic, and lastly Fubar. He then mentioned about how Mr. Abradix must be reading the alliance news from bottom to top that’s why he got it wrong.

I realized that in the entire time since alliance news was first read, nobody has ever mentioned on what is the right way to read the alliance news. If it is from top to bottom or bottom to top and everyone assumes that everyone else was reading it the same way they do. Isn’t that strange? Here is a sample of the alliance news.


Mar 27, 3:58 pm The FUBAR alliance has declared war on the Angels alliance.
Mar 27, 4:01 pm The Angels alliance has offered peace to the FUBAR alliance.
Mar 27, 6:21 pm The (2:2) system has left the AngleLords alliance.
Mar 27, 6:22 pm The (2:2) system has joined the FUBAR alliance.
Mar 28, 12:09 am The NoFear alliance has declared war on the Diamond alliance.
Mar 28, 12:23 am The (1:13) system has left the Diamond alliance.
Mar 28, 12:59 am The (2:15) system has joined the Diamond alliance.

Mr. Veritas argued that the right way to read the forum was to read it from top to bottom. Just like the way you are reading my blog right now, just like the way we read everything written in English. He has a point.

I on the other hand prefer to read the alliance news from bottom to top. Since the latest news appear at the bottom of the news and the oldest and already read news are on the top; I prefer to read the news I have not yet read and read upward until I see a news I have already seen. This way I wouldn’t be reading something I have already read again and again and again. Another thing is, the news only last for 72 hours then it gets deleted, so you cannot just bookmark where you have last read the news, especially not if you miss reading it for more than a day. So I prefer to read it my way

Whether Mr. Veritas is right or wrong does not matter right now. What is important is I read it MY WAY! Oh Franky! Hee hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home