My Galaxies Ablaze Experience

This is my online diary about my story and experience while playing that truly entertaining online game Galaxies Ablaze.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Late.

My computer monitor broke down before the end of chaos mode in round 24. I ask my parents to get me a new one but they said that since I broke it I should pay for it. They said something about making me responsible, whatever. The money I saved from my allowance last school year was not enough to buy me a new monitor. I had to wait for my birthday to cajole enough money from my elder relatives to fill in the money I needed to get a new monitor.

I’m now playing galaxies ablaze in my new monitor. Unfortunately, I signed up late in the game and I landed in an inactive system with no wonder. All the news in our system is assault against us. It’s pretty depressing.

But as they say, there is a silver lining in every cloudy day. I manage to get the sl status in our system. Hopefully, with my help, activity in our system will pick up and we’ll rise to the top ranks. Hurray!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Respect for the chin up :)

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger Zarklonius said…

    Yay! Thank you!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how did you break your monitor? i work in the Technical Repair field... "using" the monitor to "view" things is a monitor's purpose, if it just died then you didnt break it, it simply expired. You should have argued with them! :) "i'm a responsible adult, that means i know how to barter, i'll do such and such chore for a week if you go halves on the monitor with me" --- right???


    - possum

     
  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger Zarklonius said…

    March last year, we notice that our monitor have become noticeable dimmer. We started increasing the brightness and contrast using the monitor’s menu. Sometime in May or June last year, we can’t even see the monitor’s menu when we click the monitor knob so we were force to increase the brightness and contrast using NVIDIA. I remember commenting on Mr. Baewolf’s forum that his color scheme in his game help topic is not good enough since I can’t read the written text (Sorry about that Mr. Baewolf).

    Finally, it went pitch black while I was writing on my diary during or before the holy week. We tried everything we can think of but nothing work. We tested our CPU in my cousin’s monitor and its working fine, but our monitor is still as dark as the night even when it was used using a different CPU.

    We carried it to where we both it, to have it repaired but the repairman said that there is no use. It would be better to buy a new monitor then to have it fix since replacing broken parts will cost nearly as much as buying a new one (It is a year and 5 months old while the warranty is only for a year).

    Since I’m the one using it at the time it broke down (and most of the time before that), I was blamed and made to pay for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home